This new medical records policy for Court Guinness comes into effect from 00:01 22/02/2021.
In the light of recent issues regarding incorrect medical data being held about me the following policy has had to be introduced.
- Holding incorrect data about me will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Any organisation holding medical data about me will be subject to a Subject Access Request Notice at least once every 12 months. This means that all data about me held on either digital or physical systems is to be provided. Further action will be taken if a request does not arrive within the timescales provided for by law.
- Any organisation wishing to share my medical data with another organisation must request my permission prior to sharing the data and alert the other organisation to this policy.
- Action will be taken against the organisation themselves and the staff members responsible individually on a personal level if any incorrect data is found.
- Any incorrect data is to be corrected within 24 hours. A fee of no less than £200,000 will be charged for someone to attend the organisation and correct the data for you if you do not correct the data. The organisation will not be given prior notice of the visit and will be charged for timewasting in addition if they obstruct the correction.
- It is the organisation’s responsibility to locate and correct the incorrect data.
- A timewasting fee will be charged for any missing data.
- Prior to logging any data on any system either physical or digital about me, my consent must be obtained and the data recorded must be agreed by myself.
- Anyone not adhereing to this will have action taken against the organisation and the individual on a personal level.
If you have any queries please use the form below. If you have a complaint about this policy please contact Dr Ian Abbs, Chief Executive, Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust, London, as it is his organisation that you have to thank for this new policy. I will respond to queries. I will put complaints in the bin.
This policy is non-negotiable.